posted on June 29, 2009 21:00
Low-Cost RFID Print/Apply System
NEW From Diagraph, An ITW Company:
St. Louis, MO. . . Diagraph has recently announced the release of a mid-range automated RFID printer/applicator capable of performing encoding rates of 32 products per minute with reject capability. This system incorporates the patented TampTenna™, which allows RFID encoding to be performed outside of printer, on the tamp pad itself. With this field-proven technology, only Diagraph can offer RFID with the reliable SATO Lt408 printer. The full system is delivered with the PA/4600 unit, RFID TampTenna™, Reject Module, Warning Tower, and Stand. If higher application rates are required, a PA/6000 RFID system is available which handles rates in excess of 100 printed, encoded, and verified tags per minute.
The PA4600 RFID Label Printer/Applicator is one of the Platinum Series Label Print/Apply Systems from Diagraph. The Platinum Series is Diagraph’s 4th generation automated labeling systems. These printer/applicators are quality engineered and built for performance, reliability and ease of use. They deliver everything you need, exactly what you want, and more than you expect.
The PA/4600 is engineered for medium-speed applications. Some key features of the PA/4600 include:
- 13” high-strength ABS unwind roll
- 128 x 64 graphic touch-screen user interface
- 10” or 20” dual-rod, high-speed cylinder
- Extend/retract high-flow pneumatic speed controls
- Long life cylinder (est. 10 million cycles MTBF)
- Modular pneumatic manifold
- Selectable tamp or tamp/blow application mode
- Baseplate-mounted product sensor (can be relocated)
- Quick-change tamp pads
- Patented pivoting tamp pads for labels up to 6” long
- Non-clutched, magneto-tensioned rewind with Kevlar belt & brushless DC motor
- Auto-purging filter/regulator with OSHA-approved shutoff
- Swing-under yoke can bolt directly to conveyor
- Print-on-demand with standard product sensor or optional second sensor
- Tested and approved to UL/CSA 60950, FCC, and CE requirements by TUV America.
- Optional discrete IO module
- Optional wireless/wired Ethernet module
- Optional label present sensor
- Optional auto-retract sensor
For more information, call 800-722-1125, visit the print/apply labeling systems section of our website. or send e-mails to email@example.com.
Diagraph, a division of Illinois Tool Works Inc., manufactures and distributes automated marking, coding, labeling and RFID systems and supplies. Primary product lines include: small character ink jet systems, large character ink jet systems, and automated labeling systems. With sales and service offices located across the United States and throughout the world, Diagraph is a leading supplier of industrial product identification systems.